WHAT WE DO
Click above to learn more about Community Care.
With thanks to Corus Entertainment Inc. www.corusent.com for their support to produce this radio ad.
- Nutrition services that see hot or frozen meals delivered to the door of clients or provided in a congregate setting in the rural parts of The County, special diets can be accommodated;
- Escorted transportation services where volunteers drive seniors to medical and other appointments as well as assist with getting groceries and other essentials to support the choice to live at home;
- Reassurance and visiting programs to help people remain safe and socially involved even while they are shut in;
- Help with maintaining one's home such as light and heavy cleaning, meal preparation, yard and garden work, snow shovelling, etc.;
- Educational and support services that include driving courses, hearing help classes, arthritis clinics, weekly newspaper column, and regular educational speakers on topics of interest;
- Activities to maintain active living such as a walking program, footcare clinics and Tai Chi;
- Respite and support for those who care for elderly people at home.
These and other services can be accessed by contacting The Prince Edward County Community Care for Seniors Association.